The RFP Process is closed.
It is a 40,000 square foot structure located on approximately 5 acres in an industrial park. It is conveniently located in the heart of Elmsford, just off Route 9A. It comfortably holds 200-300 dogs and cats with ample kennels – many built in the last few years – and several free range rooms for felines, a large lobby / adoption area, several fenced-in play areas in the yard, an outdoor enclosure that can be used to house feral cats, and ample parking for visitors. There are structural issues with the building that would require eventual repair; the board is happy to share more about the condition of the building as part of the RFP process.
Animal rescues interested in acquiring the property needed to meet certain criteria:
1. Current 501(c)3 status
2. A proven track record of successful companion animal rescue operations for at least two years
3. Follow a no kill philosophy
4. Have the appropriate financial backing to acquire and run the facility
If you meet these basic criteria, please submit your proposal by sending the appropriate documents list below to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 10, 2015.
- 501(c)3 determination letter
- Last two years of 990’s and audited financial statements.
- Current year’s operating budget
- Up to a two-page narrative about your current mission and experience running a rescue operation with links to your website, Facebook page or other links that would help us “see” your operation in practice, your legal name, address, phone, email, and EIN number.
- Up to a three-page narrative of your planned use for the property including purchase offer to acquire title to the property in “as is” condition and adequate proof of financing
- When you would be in a position to take possession of the property
- Your live release rate for the past two years
- References (Veterinarians that you’ve worked with or other professionals who can vouch for your work)
Thank you! You will be contacted on next steps once an initial review is conducted of the submitted proposals.