Pets Alive is a no-kill animal rescue, located in the foothills of the Catskill Mountains, about 1 1/2 hours from New York City. Our mission is to improve the lives of companion animals everywhere by any means possible, including rescue, adoption, advocacy, collaboration, intervention and education.
at the sanctuary range from dogs and cats to farm animals, exotic
birds, and many others. Many of the animals at Pets Alive are older,
have special needs or require special care. Read our full story here.
On Saturday and Sunday June 1st and 2nd, Pets Alive Middletown and Pets Alive Westchester will be participating in the Maddie's Adoption Days event - the country's largest FREE pet adoption weekend for cats and dogs! All animals will be microchipped, spay/neutered, and will also come with 6 FREE weeks of pet health insurance!
Both locations will be open from 9am-9pm, and PRE approved applicants will get PRIORITY, so please fill out an adoption application NOW! We will also be hosting off-site events where adoptions will ALSO be FREE!
For more information about this, and to understand why this works and is SAFE for all our animals, read the Pets Alive blog.
It's BACK! Our annual (and most important) fund raising event is back! Save the Date!
The Pets Alive Fur Ball Gala Fundraiser
The Fur Ball takes place on:
Saturday, June 1st at 7:00 pm (until midnight)
The DoubleTree, Tarrytown, NY
Five fun filled hours of cocktails, dinner, dancing and incredible auctions. The Fur Ball is made possible because of the support of our friend, and Silver Anniversary Event Sponsor, Daniele Churchill of Churchills of Mount Kisco. For more sponsorship opportunities, Click Here.
Featured Performer, Broadway Star. and Recording Artist Linda Eder to perform at Furball!
Pets Alive is so happy to announce that linda Eder has agreed to play at our 2013 Furball. Showcasing one of the greatest contemporary voices of our time, Linda Eder's diverse repertoire spans Broadway, standards, pop, country and jazz. Heralded as America's acclaimed new interpreter of pop standards and theatrical songs with 14 solo albums and 12 musical recordings, including her latest CD NOW. Her career soared after appearing on Star Search in the 1988 season, winning for an unprecedented 12 consecutive weeks. This TV success led to a leading role on Broadway as Lucy Harris in Jekyll & Hyde, for which she received a Drama Desk Award nomination. Linda has performed at many prestigious venues such as Carnegie Hall, The Kennedy Center, Davies Hall, Radio City Music Hall, Wolftrap and the Ravinia Festival.
Animal Camp is a one-week summer day camp program open to children between the ages of 9 and 15 (pls inquire if child is outside that age range to see if we can accommodate) that provides a unique education program that offers kids the privilege to learn about rescued animals and life at a no-kill sanctuary through fun and exciting hands-on experiences.
This program is a fun-filled way for kids to learn more about dogs, cats, horses, pigs, and other companion animals. It is designed to foster awareness about animals and will include tours, guest speakers, animal-related education, hands-on experiences working with the animals, crafts, professional demonstrations, discussions, and plenty of fun.
The campers will leave the program with the ability to think critically, but with compassion, and with an awareness of how THEY can make a positive difference in the lives of animals.
Animal camp is open to 20 campers between the ages of 9-15 and will take place on Monday July 15th - July 19th and runs from 9am - 3pm. For more information and to register, click here.
Before Pat died he had a dream for the dogs of Pets Alive. He was unhappy with the set-up of our outside runs, advising that the sharing of all the fence lines caused undue stress on the dogs which resulted in increased anxiety and behavior issues.
He felt that we could do it better.
Pat wanted to see the runs separated into an additional section where two full sections would not share panels. To the right shows some pricing and sketches he had worked up and we were able to find it in his notebook after he passed (click for larger view).
It's a huge nut to crack, folks. Almost $15,000 it will cost to do this project, including the gravel and fencing not included in his sketch.
We are DETERMINED to see Pat's dream become a reality. Please consider buying ONE panel. ONE panel of a run to house a dog. Each panel costs $90. If you can not afford one panel, or an entire run (6 panels), then please consider a donation of any amount to chip in to help us create this new Camp Tyler area.
THIS is what Pat wanted for our dogs. Please help us make sure this final dream comes true..and honor Pat's memory as well.
Your donation to Pets Alive is tax deductible.
Click here to donate for this, or to read more about Pat.
- Weekly Volunteer Orientation - Every Saturday at noon. Every Saturday at noon. No need to make a reservation, just be here by 12:00 PM ready to learn how to safely interact with the animals at Pets Alive! Come help the animals transition from being rescued to being adopted and make some new friends at the same time. Check out our volunteer page for more information and to fill out our volunteer opportunity form. CANCELED ON JUNE 1!
- Improving Adoptability - Every Saturday at 10 am come down and work with our staff and dogs on improving adoptability. We will show you techniques to help them overcome their issues to help get them adopted! No appt. needed, held in adoption room at Pets Alive.
Monthly Pets Alive Tour - Saturday, June 8 - No need to make a reservation, just be here by 11:00 AM! We request a donation of $10 for tours ($5 for kids). Please be aware that tours are indoor and outdoor, rain or shine. Tour starts at the front of the Brick House...please be sure to wear appropriate footwear!
- Tractor Supply Adoption Event - Saturday, May 18, 10-4pm - Come on out and visit our adoptable dogs & cats who will surely shower you with love.
Ridgewood Vet Hospital Adopt-a-Pet Day - Sunday, May 19, 11-4pm - Spring is here and there's lots of furry kids looking for a new home. Please join us at the Ridgewood Vet Hospital Adopt-a-Pet Day. We will have wonderful animals who will steal your heart!! This is a Great outdoor event!! See you there!
- Pets Alive Comedy Night - Friday, May 24 - Come laugh your tail off at Levity Live as Pets Alive sponsors a comedy night with comedian Bobby Slayton. For more information and to purchase tickets, click here.
- Scarlet's Way Adoption Event - Saturday, May 25th, 11-3pm - An event for 2 legged and 4 legged creatures! Come on out and visit the Pets Alive Volunteers and adoptable dogs. This doggie boutique has everything you'll need for your newly adopted dog.
- Rabies/Microchipping Clinic - Sunday, May 26 - Stop by Pets Alive for our Rabies and Microchipping Clinic. We will have the 1-year rabies vaccine (3-year available with proof of prior vaccination) available for only $15! Microchipping will be available for $40 and comes with six weeks of pet insurance!
- Bottle-baby kitten seminar - Thursday, May 30th, 6:30pm
Shelters across the U.S. could save so many more kittens if there were more foster homes available that knew how to bottle feed them. Many kittens are found this time of year in desperate need of this additional care to survive. Come and learn the ins and outs of hand raising "bottle baby" kittens! We encourage rescues, shelters, sanctuaries, volunteers, etc to all come and attend this FREE forty-five minute demonstration and seminar. Hand raising kittens can be rewarding and having qualified individuals to help raise young kittens, eases the burden placed on shelter staff. There is no obligation to foster kittens just because you attend the seminar, so please come and be evan a "possible" future resource! Hosted by the Humane Society of Port Jervis/Deerpark, Inc. & Pets Alive. Huguenot Fire House, 431 U.S. 209 Huguenot, NY 12746. RSVP is NOT required, but very appreciated. Please RSVP to email@example.com